VACANCY – Chief Executive Officer
The Adelaide Holocaust Museum and Steiner Education Centre (AHMSEC) is looking for a dynamic and dedicated Chief Executive Officer to lead our organization through an exciting period of transformation and growth. As an Adelaide-based Holocaust survivor, Andrew Steiner’s vision led to the creation of AHMSEC, a unique, contemporary museum and education centre committed to ensuring that the lessons of the Holocaust are never forgotten.
AHMSEC’s mission is to educate future generations through an immersive Holocaust education program, museum exhibitions, and interactive experiences. We aim to inspire compassion and understanding, combat antisemitism, racism, and prejudice, and connect students to history on a personal level.
Since its opening in 2020, AHMSEC has been a resounding success, educating South Australian students and the public about the Holocaust and its contemporary relevance. We are now embarking on a significant capital works project that will transform our museum into a multi-level institution, creating more opportunities to achieve our mission.
As the CEO of AHMSEC, you will be responsible for:
- Embracing and advancing the museum’s mission, ensuring the strategic objectives are effectively pursued.
- Leading the acquisition of traveling exhibitions and implementing technology for immersive learning experiences.
- Building partnerships and nurturing funding relationships to secure AHMSEC’s financial future.
- Overseeing the delivery of our school programs, ensuring they meet objectives and remain financially viable.
- Managing the administrative activities of the museum, including personnel and finances.
- Creating and implementing exhibitions and programs that enhance awareness of the museum’s mission.
To excel in this role, you should have:
- Proven success in team building, fundraising, and nurturing relationships with donors and partners.
- Experience in the non-profit sector, with a strong commitment to human rights.
- High-level project management skills.
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline such as museum studies or other relevant qualification and experience.
You should be:
- Honest, reliable, and act with integrity at all times.
- Strategic, adaptable, and willing to learn.
- A strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to work with diverse backgrounds and values.
- Passionate about human rights and holocaust education.
Why Join AHMSEC?
Joining AHMSEC means becoming part of a team dedicated to making a positive impact on society. You will have the opportunity to lead a dynamic organization, drive fundraising efforts, and promote the importance of Holocaust education in South Australia.
If you are a dynamic and compassionate professional with the experience and commitment to lead AHMSEC, please submit your resume, a cover letter detailing your relevant experience, and contact information for three professional references.
Application Deadline: 20th November 2023
AHMSEC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from candidates of all backgrounds. For any questions or a confidential discussion regarding your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Help us ensure the lessons of the Holocaust are never forgotten. Apply now and make a difference!